A suggestion

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

A suggestion

Postby Afreeqiya » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm

واحد اقتراح

I think what you guys are doing with this site is great so far. But I know there are a lot of us here who are overloaded with learning several languages at once, that it's not always possible to get the continual adequate assistance we may need or even accurately measure our fluency.
Maybe you guys can add one high-quality exam, complete with essay writing components, multiple choice, etc. However you choose to design the test's spectrum to determine one's level, the resulting scores will show the student his or her skills ranking and what areas that individual needs to work on** in order to improve. Or, you can make multiple smaller tests according to the perceived level of the test taker-- much like you're already doing with stratification of the broadcasts. What does everyone think of this as a future aim?
Afreeqiya

Re: A suggestion

Postby Ehab » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Afreeqiya;

We've something similar to what you are asking about, ArabicPod Level Test is in Lessons link. It has multiple choices, and it gives a general idea about your Arabic level. The purpose of the test to decide what your Arabic level is, therefore it is not an exam,, but it can be improved to reach a level of proper exam.
Try it and let us know what is your level :) .. be honest ;)

Salaam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Afreeqiya » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:56 pm

شكرا على الرد.
للاسف قد ضغطت على الوصيلة التي تقدمها إلي فوجدتها مفقودة
Afreeqiya

Postby Ehab » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Afreeqiya;
I didn't add any link,, just press on the 'Lessons' link in the home page of the website and you'll find: Not sure what level you are? Try our level test
Try it.
Good luck
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Afreeqiya » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm

أسف, ما كنت واضحة.عندما جبرتها ما هناك إلا فراغ.ربما لحسوبي مشاكل

When I clicked on the link you said, I merely got a blank page.
Afreeqiya

Postby Ehab » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:01 am

Afreeqia,
Just click on the link below, it will take you directly to the Level test, if you're having problem in seeing the content, please let us know,, here is the link: http://www.arabicpod.net/learnarabic/leveltest
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Afreeqiya » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:49 pm

مستواك "متقدم
"
As you were saying, the test has a basic format. I'd like to know how it's measuring my abilities and for it to further define which areas I'm weakest in- ie. comprehension, spelling, grammar rules(with questions like: identify which of the following sentences is Hal). But it's good overall, I wish it had been longer. I feel that one could easily "master" one of the paragraphs which you had to read and answer questions from, if they took a few keywords from it and deduced the answer from there. Thanks again.
Afreeqiya

Postby Ehab » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:54 pm

You thought you are intermediate ;) .. I'm not surprised, you're level in Arabic is clearly high,, we'll be considering your ideas and as we always say: keep it up with ArapicPod and you'll find the difference :)
Salaaam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Afreeqiya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks. To be honest, I don't think I'm at that level at all, especially with speaking-maybe Beginner Intermediate at best(because I get too nervous)-but I appreciate your compliment. What I'd appreciate even more is if you'd correct me whenever I make mistakes. That's the best way to improve. :)
Afreeqiya

Postby DM613 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:40 am

But it's acceptable all-embracing, I ambition it had been best. I feel that one could calmly "adept" one of the paragraphs which you had to apprehend and acknowledgment questions from, if they took a few keywords from it and deduced the acknowledgment from there. acknowledgment afresh.
DM613

Postby joeinthekitchen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 pm

hi guys!

i am a nurse in Khobar Saudi Arabia. would it be possible if you can do an episode just talking about medical stuffs?

let me know i f i can be of help.

shukran jazeelan
joeinthekitchen

Postby arigatou » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 am

Simply press the "lessons" link in the site's home page, you will find: do not know what level?
arigatou

Postby Zacheriya » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:10 pm

joeinthekitchen wrote:hi guys!

i am a nurse in Khobar Saudi Arabia. would it be possible if you can do an episode just talking about medical stuffs?

let me know i f i can be of help.

shukran jazeelan

I'm sure there are already a couple, if not more which talk about medical related things. Theres one where the patient is talking to his doctor about his poor memory, another where one person is asking the other why he looks so tired.
Zacheriya

Return to General Discussion