ArabicPod starts Quranic sentences?

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

ArabicPod starts Quranic sentences?

Postby Zacheriya » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 pm

salaam

Like many people, I really like the simple and effective way Mohamed and Ehab teach.

I was just wondering is it possible you could start a new section but instead start explaining the meaning of words and grammar of Quranic verses?

Of course we dont expect scholarly tafsir but just the literal meaning of words and the grammar.

If you had beginner/intermediate/upper intermediate/advanced/+QURANIC PODCASTS I think this would appeal to many people and increase your members hugely too :)

I know there are many 'Quranic explanation lectures' out there but often they are too detailed, they dont focus on the actual language plus nobody teaches in a friendly and simplified manner as you do. As I said it is just for the basic, literal meaning which sadly most people (even Muslims) dont have.

What do people think?

I would like to hear from Mohamed and Ehab too if possible.
Zacheriya

Re: ArabicPod starts Quranic sentences?

Postby Moshaya » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Wa alaikum salam,

It's a shame you didn't get responses from other people, as we would have liked to hear a wider opinion on this.

Perhaps there is a gap in the market for podcasts on the explanation of the words of the Quran, and an additional section for such podcasts is a bonus for everyone, but the reality is that those podcasts will take a lot of effort and we're not sure about the demand for them.

Additionally, the Arabic we teach will still help those wanting to learn the words of the Quran, as the Quran is in Arabic and that's what we teach. However, there will no doubt be complicated classical words that are rarely used outside of the Quran, and those we don't cover in our podcasts.

It was good to hear your thoughts on this

Mohamed
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby Zacheriya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks for your reply Moshaya.

Yes maybe you're right, the demand from a purely language perspective perhaps isnt there for Quranic podcasts, as much as it perhaps would be for a completely Muslim audience for example.

Having thought about it again I actually agree with you. I think you and Ehab are doing a fantastic job with teaching us MSA Arabic and maybe focussing your time and energy on Quranic podcasts would take away from the great job you are doing. There are actually a couple of websites such as shariahprogram and lqtoronto that do teach Quranic arabic but it seems you have to do a great amount of grammar with them before they even start to look at Quranic verses, perhaps thats the only way to study Quranic Arabic I'm not sure.

Thanks for your reply anyway. Loving (and memorising) your lessons everyday :)
Zacheriya

Postby Asma50 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 am

Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence. (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 667) http://islamicsharing.com
Asma50

Return to General Discussion