Why are you learning Arabic?

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

Re: Why are you learning Arabic?

Postby yun0810 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:21 pm

SALAM. i'm from malaysia and I learn arabic because i just love it.i' ve been learning it since 8 years ago but still cannot speak it well because lack of oral practice.ha3.it can't be helped because i have no friend fom arab countries.my dream is to go to arab countries. :)
yun0810

Postby kiaRa » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:00 am

i've been learning arabic well coz i have to..

my father will have his new job there so my parent are planning to immigrate and that will be next year..

so we all have to learn arabic.. and of course i'll continue my studies there so i have to..

:wink:
kiaRa

Postby friendlyandgeeky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am

I'm not currently learning Arabic, but if I did, it would be to converse with friends I have :D
friendlyandgeeky

Postby friendlyandgeeky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm not currently learning Arabic, but it's very cool to see the reasons other people have for learning Arabic. Good luck everyone!
friendlyandgeeky

Postby jannypan » Sat May 07, 2011 3:21 am

I’m so glad to see ur nice contribution in the forum,, please invite ur friends to the forum so we can discuss any issue they want to know about Arabic language.
jannypan

Postby DM613 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:34 am

I’m so animated to see ur nice addition in the appointment,, amuse allure ur accompany to the appointment so we can altercate any affair they wish to apperceive about Arabic accent.
DM613

Postby joeinthekitchen » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 am

Hi Ehab and Mohammed!

I'm so happy to have found your podcasts! You are the greatest addition to my Arabic language learning..
I am nurse in Khobar and I used to be so depressed and disappointed about not being able to communicate with my patients and understand them so I could address their needs. But you know I became confident and optimistic upon listening to you guys! I found hope.. keep it up!

Also, mumkin, you can create a beginner podcast about hospital stuffs like communicating to patients.. asking them about the medical history, feelings, pain, and explaining some procedures like operation (amaliyah), xray, ultrasound, medications (modad haywey, habub, dawaa, imsik dam, musakin) I feel like I'm losing out of vocabulary at times and my patients refused the treatments most of the time because they do not understand what it is for.

If u can help me with these (law zamat)..... it would be much appreciated.

Shukran Jazeelan!
joeinthekitchen

Postby natsuto » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 am

I still can not speak fluent conversation in general .. I just hope I fluent in Arabic, because I love the Middle East a lot.
natsuto

Postby djstorm1987 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 am

My dream is to one day relocate to the Middle East. I am a convert and am very much interested in one day reading the holy Quran to its original language In Shaa Allah. In addition I am taking Urdu classes from my wife since she is Pakistani. I am a Hispanic American born Muslim. Talk about a major culture clash :o
djstorm1987

Postby faheemkamran » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm

1. Arabic is the 5th most spoken language of the world

Arabic is official language in more than 20 countries and there are more than 300 million people speaking this language. Most of them are living in the Middel East but you will find people speaking arabic around the world. It’s also official language at the United Nations, Arabe Ligue, the Organization of Islamic Countries and the African Union.

2. There’s is a big demand for employees speaking arabic as a foreign language

Only a few companys have staff speaking arabic but with the growing influence and economy of the Middle East there are many opportunities to reach to new markets, finding new business partner, business opportunities and clients. Many companies are still in need of employees speaking arabic.

Those who decide to study arabic can easily find jobs in fields like journalism, business, industry, education, finance, translation and many more.

3. The Arabic spoken countries are fast growing markets

The integration of the economies of the arabic spoken countries into the world market open up many opportunities. The middle East with it’s fast growing population will become an even bigger market, importing more and more goods and services.

With an GDP of more than 600 Billion Dollar, this region has much to offer to the world market. In order to create good business relations, its necessary to speak arabic and to better understand arabic culture, arabic business partners.

4. The Arabic culture has contributed a lot to our civilization

Arabe scientists, philosophers and mathematicians have contributed a lot to our civilization and to our daily life. A lot of roman and greek knowledge has been preserverd for the world in different important arabic libaries.

These contributions include the numbers we use (Mathematics), Navigation, Astrology, Architecture and Literature. Learning Arabic helps you to continue studying these fields and to learn more about our past.

5. Learning arabic helps to bring our different cultures closer together

As you learning arabic and you get in touch with arabic culture, you (can) help to destroy common prejudices, inform and get inform about the lives and thoughts of people, from the Middle East and elsewhere, speaking arabic.

Don’t forget, even if learning Arabic is difficult it’s fun. You start with a completly different alphabet, a different pronunciation, you will get in touch with different types of humour, food, theatre, music, traditions and cultures.
faheemkamran

Postby faheemkamran » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Here are some of the major reasons for learning Arabic.

First: Arabic is a language that is spoken natively in 22 countries. These countries make the Arab World. You can travel in all these countries and use Standard Arabic and will be understood well and communicate with people all over the area. This fact is very unique. You cannot find any 22 countries in the world that speak the same native language, share the same history, and most of them share the same religion.

Second: Arabic is learnt as a second language all over the world as the liturgical language of Islam. It is the language of the Holy Quran. To read, understand the religion and the Quranic verses you need to learn Classical and Standard Arabic.

Third:
Many people learn the language to learn about the cradle of human civilization and the main three religions in the world. The Arab World is extremely rich with archaeological site, historical events, religious sites and has a wealth of artistic, cultural, and human heritage that makes it very important to learn the language of the area and to explore it.

Fourth:
Arabic is a gate to the Arabic and Islamic culture. Learning Arabic is as learning other languages, it enables learners of the language to step into the mind of the native-speakers of the language and the culture of the language.

Fifth: Learning Arabic will give more global and intercultural understanding. From our experience, we have seen major changes in the vision and the insights of learners of the language and culture. Learning Arabic and being exposed to its culture will put many concepts in their proper context.

Sixth:
Arabic is spoken natively by over 300 million people in the Arab world and by many minorities all over the world. It is the fifth commonly spoken language in the world. It is also the official language of the United Nations, the Arab League, the Organization of Islamic Conference, and the African Union.

Seventh:
In the West, nowadays, there is a great demand for speakers of Arabic. There are many official incentives and many excellent job opportunities for those who speak it in many fields such as journalism, trade, industry, education, finance and banking, translation and interpretation, consulting, foreign service and many other areas.
faheemkamran

Postby witcheye580 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:29 am

Im a Filipina christian that got a chance to work in middle east country and believed in " Don"t hate what you don't understand" that's why im interested in learning Arabic and Inshallah i can understand their cultures and ways.... :D
witcheye580

Postby Moshaya » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi witcheys580, welcome to the site and good luck on your studies :)
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby wangpanpan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 am

He was introduced from jail

Diablo 3 Gold
wangpanpan

Postby gmuniversary » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 am

Do you like games? If your answer is yes,then,what about join us,we can enjoy it together.Here, we will give you an unexpected surprise!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion