Podcast Feed

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

Podcast Feed

Postby kingdon » Wed May 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering about the podcast feed for a couple of reasons...

first off it's not very prominently placed, i was able to find it myself but I'm not sure I could do it again. How about a link on the front page of arabicpod.net?

second it appears that the feed only contains the latest episode from your archive. is this a deliberate choice, due to bandwidth concerns or some other factor? I would be glad to mirror (or host) the entirety of the archive if this is the case, as long as my internet hosting provider will keep me.

Also I've just noticed that the feed does not update automatically, as we've got 9 episodes on the website and still episode 8 is being pushed by the feed. Do you have your codebase posted somewhere publically that I can make modifications and submit a patch?

Toodles,
Kingdon
kingdon

Postby arabicpod » Wed May 23, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi Kingdon,

We will be adding a link to the RSS podcast feed on the main page very shortly..

The permanent link to the feed is http://www.arabicpod.net/feed.php

The feed should contain a list of all the episodes and should automatically be updating. Please check the feed again.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand the importance of providing a public feed in today’s cyber world.

Keep up the support!

Mohamed Moshaya
arabicpod
Site Admin

Postby kingdon » Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 pm

seems you are correct here, my client must have a problem.

will update you when I've figured out what is wrong on my end. your feed script seems to be operating just fine

Kingdon
kingdon

Postby kingdon » Tue May 29, 2007 5:19 pm

just to let you know, i'm still having trouble with the feed in iTunes. I'm having much better luck with Google Reader, allowed to see all of the back episodes and so on.

Maybe I don't know how to use iTunes? Maybe there are some special requirements for podcast feeds. Will investigate further at some point.
kingdon

Postby arabicpod » Tue May 29, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks Kingdon for bringing this to our attention. We haven't tested this in itunes yet, but we will look into this and try to resolve the issue soon :)
arabicpod
Site Admin

Postby erikms » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:22 pm

There are errors in the podcast feed. The RSS XML reads:
Code: Select all
<br />
  <b>Warning</b>
  : filesize() [
  <a href="function.filesize">function.filesize</a>
  ]: stat failed for http://www.arabicpod.net/podcasts/Intermediate/22_ArabicPod_21082007.mp3 in
  <b>/home/domywork/public_html/arabicpod/feed.php</b>
  on line
  <b>41</b>

The result of this is that only the first episode shows up in iTunes.
-Erik
erikms

Postby Moshaya » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:38 am

Thanks erikms, I wasn't sure if this error was the cause of the itunes problem. We're having problems generating the time duration for each lesson in the feed. We will look into this problem sometimes this week
Moshaya
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion