new forum members - introduce yourselves here

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

new forum members - introduce yourselves here

Postby Moshaya » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:50 pm

If you're new to the forum, or even if you're not but have never introduced yourself, please feel free to introduce yourself here. :)
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby ukbabe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi, my name is holly and i live in London. I have been studying Arabic for 4 months but have just discovered this website. Keep up the good work :D
ukbabe

Hello and thaks for such a useful resouce

Postby Simon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi

Like Holly learning Arabic in London for 4 months now and this is such a useful resource

please keep it up....

Simon
Simon

Hello

Postby wafit » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:21 pm

hello everybody, my name is Wafi - means faighfull or repayable ;-) hummm -i'm now at somewhere in high atlas of morocco.. i found this arabicpod.net incidentally when my niece & my nephew asked me to recommand for them some ressource to learn arabic.. and really i like it so much also my brother's kids like it cuz really it is a great website and it has a future thanks Ehab & mohamed for this great website.
I only ask of God
He won't let me be indifferent to the suffering
That the very dried up death doesn't find me
Empty and without having given my everything
wafit

Thank you for a great podcast!

Postby umair » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:19 am

this is an awesome podcast/web site for those of us trying to learn arabic!
great job!
keep it up, please!

jazakumullah kullu khair!
Umair from Canada
umair

Postby WARDAH83 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 am

SALAM EVERYONE,
My name is Sarah and Im learning arabic so I can speak to my friends whose first language is arabic. I would like to become more fluent and learn to speak just like them. I am very intrigued in their language and I found this website to be very useful so far.
WARDAH83

Postby mujtahida » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:22 am

hello
i started learning arabic over a year ago, but once my course finished i got a bit lazy and didn't keep up with the learning. i'm really glad i stumbled accross this site, so far it's really helping in adding a bit of structure to my learning and i can see myself slowly progressing. it's a great resource for people like myself with little time on my hands ;-) so thanks a lot, keep the lessons coming!!
mujtahida

Hi

Postby starlightwalker » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:48 am

My name is Nick. I put arab into Wikpedia and have now found this super site after looking for lessons for ages. I have been working with language disks and books. These lessons are the icing on the cake , the general discussions are so helpful. I do hope they continue. I am a bit concerned about different dialects. I visit Tunis quite regularly they can understand Arabic pure - its just a case of understanding them!!
starlightwalker

Postby Micah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Hello / Salaam! I have studied Arabic for about a year. I think your podcasts, website and APG are excellent. Please keep up the good work. Hope to be a Mystery Guest one day. :D
Micah

Postby Willow » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 am

Hi! I am just starting to learn Arabic, as of a few days ago. I can't afford classes right now and I have already graduated from college, so this is a great resource! Also, I am doing what will hopefully become a Master of Fine Arts Thesis in paintings about the Middle East, and it would help to be able to speak some of the language of some of the people I meet! Shokran! (that is the first word I learned form my Palestinian friend. I think the second word I learned was Zattar, a Lebanese dish :-P~)
Willow

Hassna = tres belle = Very beautiful

Postby hassna83 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:29 am

Bonjour !!

My name is Hassna (means very beautiful), i'm French, and my origins are Moroccans and i work in Geneva. A friend of mine informed me about your WebSite. He is trying to learn Arabic language as well. I know the basic Moroccan dialect thanks to my parents who always talk to me in Moroccan. But i am now very interested on the Arabic language and writing. I am amazed on how quick i have learned Arabic with your lessons. I'm becoming a fan of those kind of lessons. You guys are doing a fantastic job. When i watch the "news" in a Moroccan Channel , i can now manage to understand and catch some words thanks to your great lessons.

Merci - ShoKran - Thank You and Mobarak l3wacher !!
Miss Hassna :wink:
hassna83

Postby Iman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Sallam
I'm originally from the caribbean and living in canada, i've alw been intrested in the arabic language- Also my fiance' is moroccan and tht makes me wanna know the language and learn it more :) Alhamdulillah its such a beautiful language.
:wink: Chokran Jazeelan and may Allah reward you for the effort and work you guys put into this website- its awsome and very helpful...keep up the good wrk!
Iman

Postby Maha » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:28 am

Ya halla!

I want you to know that i think this is a terrific resource you are offering, it is very much appreciated so don't imagine you are doing all this work for nothing because, believe me, we do appreciate it!

I love to hear the lessons but also the interplay between the teachers and the 'mystery' student each week.

Your Arabic is beautiful. I'm used to hearing Khaleej accents so I often find it interesting to hear Egyptian, Lebanese etc speakers - they sound very different to my ears from what I'm used to. I think you said you are from Jordan.

Keep up the good work!
Maha

Postby jake » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm

hello... my name is jake and i lived in the Sudan for 4 years and miss the people and the way of life very much. I'm keen not to forget the arabic i learned there and am hoping to learn to read and write. thanks for all your work arabicpod... it's a wonderful resource.
hi, i was in sudan for 4 years and know some arabic but would like to know more... any sudanese out there?
jake

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 am

Hi, My name is Ash, I live in the UK and am learning Arabic as I love languages and am travelling soon in the Arabic world and want to be able to communicate in Arabic, as well as learning it because it is a beautiful language :D

Thanks guys! Shukram!
Ash

Next

Return to General Discussion