new forum members - introduce yourselves here

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into other categories

Moderator: Ehab

Re: new forum members - introduce yourselves here

Postby bigpig » Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 am

Hi, my name is holly and i live in London. I have been studying Arabic for 4 months but have just discovered this website. Keep up the good work :D
bigpig

Postby mrs_dravid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello Everybody,

My name is Agnieszka and I live in Poland. I started learning Arabic with arabicPod.net about 5 months ago (I'm a complete newbie), just because I like learning foreign languages. I absolutely love your podcasts - you gentlemen have good "radio" voices and great sense of humour so it's real fun for me. Thanks for all the lessons before and... looking forward to more. By now I'm able to say all bunch of different words and expressions, and I can't even express how happy I was when I understood people in the bus on my holiday :)

I also want to add that I really liked lessons prepared by Basma and Dalia (with Egyptian dialect) - the ladies are so nice and even though their lessons are a bit to fast for me (they were lower intermediate level), I very much enjoyed them. Will the ladies come back with more lessons, please?
mrs_dravid

Postby Moshaya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:28 pm

It's great to see new people on here. We've had numerous emails from Arabic learners in Poland before.

We are chasing Basma and Dalia to do more podcasts for us, but you know how students are these days!
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby Carmouna » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:08 am

Salam!
My name is Carmen. I am from Colombia. Im interested in learning arabic because my fiancé is Palestinian and plus I absolutely adore learning new languages. I am, in fact an English teacher. I love arabic and arabic caligraphy. I like writing in arabic, I only know how to read and write a few words though. :lol:

Ive listened and read all the lessons of Levantine, as you may see that is the dialect I would like to speak! 8) But schwai scwai i will study them all, at least the beginners ones. hehhe :D

Finally I would like to say Shukran for the teachers here, You are doing an excellent job guys and I appreciate it!

Salamat!
Carmouna

Postby a.coco.pop » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm

HELLOOOO SALAM!

Im Sarah and Irish... there doesnt seem to be any Irish people interested in Arabic language but I love the language and the script!

I just joined today and hope I have the discipline and motivation to actually learn arabic...

Wonderful website .. thank you!
a.coco.pop

Postby Moshaya » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome Carmen and Sarah. Sarah, there are quite a few Irish Arabic learners that we have heard from. One who is actually predominant in commenting on the lesson pages (Without mentioning his name...)
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby joeinthekitchen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 pm

hi fellow Arabic enthusiast friends!

I am a nurse and i am in dire need of help when it comes to dealing with my Arabic patients. I am starting to believe that this is indeed a barrier when it comes to quality patient care. Please do extend your hand.
joeinthekitchen

Postby Moshaya » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Ahlah joeinthekitchen,

Welcome and hope the Arabic you learn from the site will help you deal with your patients better!
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby kiwicady » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 am

:P :P Hello!I'am kiwi.I like reading and surfing the internet.Always i have a hobby of colecting Tiffany Jewellery.As a gilr i want to make me beautiful everday,and smile to everyone.
replica watches
replica watches sale
discount watches.Our online shop is clearance processing,Welcome to buy watches on line!
kiwicady

Postby djyule » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:22 pm

I am Darren and joined the site last week. I lived in Kuwait for about 5 years a while back and didn't learn any Arabic. I am now properly giving this language the 100% effort it requires in order that I can 1) read Quoran in its Arabic form and 2) develop more employment opportunities in the Gulf as I plan to return to the area within next couple of years inshallah!

Your website is excellent, there is a clear enjoyment demonstrated of passing the Arabic knowledge to people. A very good way of learning.

Darren
djyule

Postby Archeree » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Well it's me Archer from USA and I am new to this forum. I am here to make good friends and to get knowledge about Arab.
Archeree

Postby natsuto » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 am

I hope I do not forget that in Arabic, I would like to learn to read and write. Thank you for all the work arabicpod. This is an excellent resource.
natsuto

Postby Climacus » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:26 am

Hi,

I'm Ian and I'm from Sydney, Australia, and I'm a long-time listener to the beginner Arabic podcasts through iTunes; finally got to this website and registered.

I have learnt Arabic through adult community classes, for fun and for travel (I went to Lebanon last year) but my vocabulary is quite poor and not using it often it is easy to forget. I enjoy every lesson Mohamed and Emad put together, and I liked your poem on the latest episode. :D A big شكرا جدا to you both for all of the work you put in and all the help you provide in an entertaining and informative podcast.

Ian.
Climacus

Postby Moshaya » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Ahlan Ian,

Welcome and so glad you registered. It's great to see how ArabicPod makes up a community of people from all over the world. Hope you continue with us until perfecting your Arabic.

Mohamed
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby cellacellina » Mon May 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi I'm celine and i'm from Malta.

I have decided to learn Arabic as a new challenge and also because my mother tongue Maltese stems from Arabic. A lot of Arabic speakers can understand us when we talk but unfortunately we cannot do the same :? .
I have a question: what do the numbers mean when they are included in words?
ex: the 3 in Ta3al, the 2 in shay2, the 7 in Al-7adeqa
Shukran

celine
cellacellina

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion