Letter writing

Talk about ArabicPod lessons

Moderator: Ehab

Letter writing

Postby LADreamr » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi,

I don't think there has been a lesson on this yet, but please correct me if I am mistaken. Could you guys do a lesson about how to write correspondence in Arabic? What I mean is, the way a letter would be written - greetings, salutations, etc. How would you say, Dear Mohammed, or Sincerely, Mona... that kind of thing. And are there other rules followed in an Arabic letter that would be different than writing a letter in English?

Thanks so much, guys!

Sarah
LADreamr

Re: Letter writing

Postby Ehab » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 am

Ahlan Sarah;
Shokran for the suggestion.. We’ve done a lesson like that which is called (Letter from granddad), you can go to Lessons page and search for (letter), however,, we still need to do more like these lessons, letters can vary and need more lessons to cover it.
Shokran again and keep it up with ArabicPod.
Ta7eyyati
Ehab
Site Admin

Re: Letter writing

Postby LADreamr » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Shokran Ehab!

I love this podcast so much, and thank you both for doing such an outstanding job with it. I am an American journalist who covers the Middle East, and in particular Palestine, so I want to be able to speak and understand the language the best I can.

I really enjoyed your lesson on cultural idiomatic expressions. Would it possible for you to do another one?

Thanks!
Sarah
LADreamr

Return to Lesson Discussion