suggestion

Talk about ArabicPod lessons

Moderator: Ehab

suggestion

Postby Nyzo » Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 am

Hi...

people you are doing a great job.

I heard some of the lessons, they were great in general, and they are getting better.
but some of them are mixed between the common and proper Arabic language
like the telephone conversation lesson, you used "meen" - which is common - on the guy reply,
then you used "heena" - which is proper or classic - when the guy replied again.
and as you know, "heena" is a classic not used word nowadays in most Arab countries if not all of them.
so how about presenting both, the proper classic usage of the language then the common usage of it.
because some learners might get confused.

keep up the good work.
thank you.
Nyzo

Postby Ehab » Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Salamat Nyzo;
Thank you about the comment..that is a very nice suggestion.. Actually this is what are we trying to do,, we are teaching the most common spoken language, not only the classic Arabic,, and you know in the casual language there are some differences from country to country.
Now in the beginner level, we’re teaching only one option which can be easy for beginners, in Lower Intermediate, we give little details about the difference between the casual language and the classic one, such as (meen and man - Who), while in higher levels we’ll be using more details and probably show the words in different accents, like saying how Moroccans say it, Gulf people or Egyptians.
So keep an eye on the site and definitely your suggestion will be considered and you will hear it implemented on our podcasts.
Please if you have any more useful suggestion like this let us know :) .
Salam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Teckid1991 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:05 pm

just a curious thought: Will you all be talking about food in some of the podcasts? Food could really be helpful to you when teaching a different language (addresses culture, different practices, conversation, essential vocabulary for survival in an arabic speaking environment). As a "student" of japanesepod101 i've found it extreamly helpful that the first few "newbie" level lessons are set in a resturant environment; besides who doesnt like talking about food ;) lol

well anyways, just a suggestion... thanks!

-Rob (aka teckid)
Follow your bliss

"If french is language of love, spanish language of passion, [then] arabic is language of [the] soul"
- Mystique
Teckid1991

Postby arabicpod » Sat May 26, 2007 10:02 am

Hi teckid,

I’m sure we will be talking a lot about food in our future lessons. Like you said who doesn’t like food :D We’re hoping to keep ArabicPod running for years to come, and food will bound to be taught in many of our lessons

Mohamed Moshaya
arabicpod
Site Admin

Postby Teckid1991 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:53 am

would it be possible for you to pronounce the words slowly after you go through the translation. I feel that after i hear you all do it with out the translation and then with the translation i haven't been able to follow along since i'm behind trying to pronounce the words. I also have to look at the transcript in order to actually know what some of the words are. Would it be possible for you all to say it slowly after the translation? Thanks a lot

-teckid
Follow your bliss

"If french is language of love, spanish language of passion, [then] arabic is language of [the] soul"
- Mystique
Teckid1991

Postby Ehab » Thu May 31, 2007 11:54 pm

Teckid1991 wrote:would it be possible for you to pronounce the words slowly after you go through the translation. I feel that after i hear you all do it with out the translation and then with the translation i haven't been able to follow along since i'm behind trying to pronounce the words. I also have to look at the transcript in order to actually know what some of the words are. Would it be possible for you all to say it slowly after the translation? Thanks a lot

-teckid

Actually, we are trying to make the guest read it so the listeners would be able to hear it slowly,, but I myself will make sure to say the words slower not only the guest..
Indeed Teckid1991, I’m more than happy to do once this improves the work ;)
Salam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Lesson 16 Raqam

Postby Henda » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:21 am

Thanks a lot for teaching us numbers.
Can you take a time for the prononciation of all of it ?
Cause we 've got them on pdf but i'm not sure about the prononciation ':oops:'
Embarassed

Thanks
Henda

Return to Lesson Discussion