Talk about ArabicPod lessons

Moderator: Ehab

Postby Henda » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:47 am

Hello ArabicPod,

I've discover your site and i want to thanks you for your great job.
I was looking for such kind of way to learn arabic language but didn't find any.

I was wandering what's the frequency of your lessons (once a week, a month...) ?
I'm living in brussels.

Again thanks,

Henda
Henda

Postby Moshaya » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Hello Henda,

Welcome to our site :D We have hardly done any publicizing so it's great to see new listeners tuning in to our lessons.

We release a lesson once a week, usually Tuesday. If you add your email to our mailing list on the main page you will receive an email each time a lesson is added.

All the best!

Mohamed Moshaya
Moshaya
Site Admin

Your site is great

Postby Sherwin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:53 am

Hi,

I am a Filipino and right now working in Dubai, UAE your site helps me a lot to understand and learn arabic. I've already informed my friends about arabicpod and trying to make them understand and learn arabic to... Keep up the good work...

Thanks.
Sherwin

Re: Your site is great

Postby Ehab » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello Sherwin;

I'm so glad that the website makes that change, and happy to know that you are promoting our website.. There are still a lot more to come, so just keep it up and enjoy the lessons :) .

Salam
Ehab

Sherwin wrote:Hi,

I am a Filipino and right now working in Dubai, UAE your site helps me a lot to understand and learn arabic. I've already informed my friends about arabicpod and trying to make them understand and learn arabic to... Keep up the good work...

Thanks.
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby nora » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:05 pm

salamo alaikom :D thankyou for the site! even though i'm fluent in Arabic al hamduliAllah.. but i could use an extra word or two ;)
may Alah be with you all!
salam
Nora
nora

Postby Ehab » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:43 pm

nora wrote:salamo alaikom :D thankyou for the site! even though i'm fluent in Arabic al hamduliAllah.. but i could use an extra word or two ;)
may Alah be with you all!
salam
Nora

Ahlan Nora;
7ayyaki Allah w atmanta ashof mosharakatek da2eman fil mawqe3.
Salam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby bahiyyah2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:43 pm

My name is Bahiyyah. I'm a teen African-American Muslima. I have always been surrounded with different languages mostly arabic. I use to go to an Islamic school which provided arabic classes, But I never paid attention half of the time. Two years of going to arabic classes i already knew how to read, write, and make up sentences in arabic. I must say that I always knew the arabic alphabets and numbers since i was a child because i went to so many Islamic schools. So now I'm home schooled and all the arabic classes i use to attend went out the window. I thought all hope was gone until i found out about arabicpod and I'm comepletely satisfied. I'm improving everyday, taking step by step, learning new words to impress my friends who speak arabic fluently. Thankz alot arabicpod!
bahiyyah2

Postby Afreeqiya » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:17 am

There are other sites(wordreference, unilang), but this is one I've found to be really extensive and thorough. They seem to cover all the bases in their lesson materials, whereas with other sites you might have to continuously ask individual questions. Insha'allah, this site will gain more users.
Afreeqiya

Re: New Member

Postby Arabic » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm

As a teacher of Arabic, I have found this wesite interesting.
Learn Arabic in Syria
Arabic Courses in Syria
http://www.tolearnarabic.com
Arabic

Postby maidul » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm

al-salaamu alaikum,

I'm a very new to your site, but have listened instensly to your lessons from #1.

First of all jazakallah khair for such a great site and great lesson content. I have very basic understanding of arabic and find your beginer and lower intermediate lessons perfect for my level.

If I could be bold enough to make a suggestion though... I find the very random nature of each lesson (even though they are brilliant) very difficult to get a grasp on. As the lessons dont follow on from one another.. very unlike a formal structured arabic course/book.

I understand that you make up the lessons and the contents based on user feedback, and mostly this will be conversational topics. What are your thoughts on having a common book that we can follow and use the podcasts to confirm our understanding?

Or setting some homework based on variations of the lesson provided, with the answers to follow on the forum?

I am currently using the site to suppliment my knowledge, but as they dont both follow the same curriculum it is very hard.

Thank you so much for all the grammatical rules you do give in the podcasts, I find it has been so useful!

Again many thanks for your efforts,

ma salaama

Maidul.
maidul

Postby Ehab » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:35 am

Wa 3alaykom assalaam maidul;

We're pleased that you are happy with the website, and thank you for the suggestions.
Podcasts normally come randomly not to follow a certain book, they are supposed to reflect the way that we learn languages when we are kids, where you hear your parents talking all the time to you in random subjects, and the intensive amount of dialogues you hear makes you more and more familiar with the language.
When you reach intermediate and upper levels you'll find more structural content with more grammar, which reflects the time of your life when you start going to school and learn the language in an academic way.
This is why you find the topics are random and probably hard for you at this stage, but if you get used to them, you'll find them more efficient than the ordinary way of teaching languages.
Having listened to the podcast, the dialogue phrases will have an echo in your brain all the time and all podcasts here are free of charge. To get more academic manner in learning, we provide the transcript as will as the audio transcript to make you familiar with the pronunciation as well as the meanings. As you've mentioned homework, we have exercises that come with every lesson, where you'll be asked to match words with meanings to confirm you memorizing them, then filling the right words in gaps to check your understanding, and finally testing your ability to write some of the words you've learned in the lesson.
We are trying to cover the language in a very modern way to give everyone the chance to learn, and we are always after improving our service and open to any suggestion, so, me mentioning why we've chosen this system does not mean we are stiff about it, we'll be happy to receive your suggestions and all are been taken in considerations.

Shokran again
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby Ehab » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Ahlan Leahc in ArabicPod,,

I know you've already said "abu ashabaab" to your husband and he didn't get it what is meant by it well, though Lebanese generally know what we mean in saying it, however, it is less used there comparing to other Arab countries. The important bit here is that this say is used by boys talking to each other, not a wife and a husband :),, the right words for you to learn could be in lesson "You are my love", or just search for the word "love" in our lessons search box.

All the best.
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby autumn45 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 am

Afreeqiya, you did great job and sure your level is above intermediate
Olesya, nice questions and I could see you are affected by some 3ammi (colloquial) language. Take what Afreeqia wrote, I really can't find much to correct. I will only rewrite the following sentences:
أشتاق لك و أريد أن أراك بأقرب وقت! I miss you and want to see you ASAP!
كيف عملك و كيف تقضي وقتك؟ How is your work and how do you spend your time there?
ما نسيت شي؟ Didn’t you forget anything?
خذ حذرك على الطريق Be careful on the road! thomas sabo jewellery is stylish and elegant accessories .thomas sabo bracelets sale is where you should go . Buy the thomas sabo
bracelets, please go to thomas sabo Ireland. Here is everything you want thomas sabo jewellery. If you like thomas sabo jewellery australia,i Suggest you go to thomas sabo charms australia. The thomas sabo charm bracelets are inexpensive!
autumn45

Postby abaogamefine » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 am

You can communicate with many friends, maybe you can find the best answer

cheap wow gold
abaogamefine

Return to Lesson Discussion