Very nice ORGANIC :) piece of art.
Salam
Ehab
Ehab
Site Admin

ZAYTOONA EHAAB

Postby wafit » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:01 pm

ZAYTOONA THAT ONE IS FUNNY THANKS

IHAAB waw that is a great piece he is realy an arrtist the one who made this calligraphy

I only ask of God
He won't let me be indifferent to the suffering
That the very dried up death doesn't find me
Empty and without having given my everything
wafit

Re: Felices fiestas

Postby flyonthree » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Can somebody translate that into english. I know it has to do with some sort of hoilday.
thx
flyonthree

Postby mujtahida » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:17 pm

The sign that the sheep is holding up says
'Kol 3am wa antom bi7'air' which translates literally as 'Every Year and you are well".
This is a greeting that is said on the Islamic festival of Eid. There is a podcast where the greeting is explained and translated in more detail. You can find it in the lesson archive, it's a beginner lesson called 'Cultural Idiomatic Expressions 2'.

At the bottom of the poster it says:
'This Eid ask about your family and friends
before asking about the food!''

There are two big celebrations that Muslims have in the year:
- The first is Eid-ul-Fitr, which comes after the holy month of Ramadan. During Ramadan all muslims must fast, Eid-ul-Fitr celebrates the end of this holy month of fasting. This eid lasts one day.
- The second is Eid-ul-Adha, in which every muslim slaughters a sheep (or gets the butcher to do it!). Of this meat some is eaten and the rest is supposed to be shared among the neighbours and the poor. I think this is to remember the blessing that Allah (God) bestowed on the prophet Ibrahim. The story is mentioned in the Qur'an that Prophet Ibrahim was tested by Allah to see how devote he was and how much he would Sacrifice for his Lord. He saw a vision that he should slaughter his eldest son and as hard as this may have been, he sought to carry out his vision. So he got ready, just when his son was in position and Ibrahim was ready to strike, Allah replaced Ibrahim's son with a ram, thus the ram was slaughtered instead and Ibrahim had passed this test. This eid lasts three days and is celebrated at the end of the pilgrimage (Hajj).
mujtahida

Postby daavidfischer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am

That is of course a nice image zaytuna. Well but I hope that these all stay as mere pictures and do not become reality. If it becomes reality I really doubt if there would be any kind of humanity still existing in this world.

-------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
buy bakery equipment
daavidfischer

Return to Other