write arabic withhout arabic keyboard

Discuss Arabic reading and writing

Moderator: Ehab

write arabic withhout arabic keyboard

Postby jayrag1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm

New website lets you write transliterated arabic on a regular keyboard and it converts the transliterated arabic into arabic script.
yamli.com
jayrag1

Re: write arabic withhout arabic keyboard

Postby jayrag1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 pm

http://www.yamli.com/arabic-keyboard/

New web site I heard about on the radio this morning. It lets you type using chat arabic or transliterated arabic and it automatically converts it into Arabic script. The radio program said some schools are starting to use this site to help teach arabic writing.
jayrag1

Postby Ehab » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:36 pm

ha ha ha.. that's absolutely cool :)
Ehab
Site Admin

Postby kurumi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 pm

مرحبا ،أنا أحب هذا الموقع!
ana sa3eedah to know that now I can type Arabic with my PC.^^ but firstly I need to know how to write words in Arabic and in English alphabets . :D
kurumi

Postby Moshaya » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Ahlan Kurumi,

I wanted to share a tip with you. I bought Arabic keyboard stickers and stuck them on my UK keyboard so that I know where the Arabic letters are when typing. I got to the point where my fingers naturally memorized where the letters are without the assistance of the stickers. Now I can type Arabic smoothly on any English keyboard without the need for visual help. At some point, when you're ready to enhance your writing capabilities, you can try this method :)
Moshaya
Site Admin

Postby kurumi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Shukran jazeeran Moshaya,

Very usuful information indeed, I'll try. Now I've just started typing Arabic with my keybord and am using screen keyboad for help. As you can imagine,I am very very slow yet,but I feel that this practice is really effective way.Hope gradually I will be able to write faster and leave a comment on your website all in Arabic. :)
kurumi

Return to Reading and Writing