Online Book - Arabic Grammar

Discuss Arabic grammar

Moderator: Ehab

Online Book - Arabic Grammar

Postby mujtahida » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:33 pm

For anybody interested in learning more about Arabic grammar, a comprehensive grammar book (Fundamentals of Classical Arabic) can be found on this link: http://sacredlearning.org/classrooms/arabic/index.htm

The book contains present tense and past tense verb tables, which I have always found useful.
mujtahida

Re: Online Book - Arabic Grammar

Postby Meyra » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:18 pm

thank you :)
Meyra

Postby Arabicboy » Mon May 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Wow, these are very good, the only problem is they use very complicated language :) I find it a easier to learn step by step in simpified grammer, I speak Arabic but not really good in reading and writing, that's why I prefer hearing things :wink: .
Mashkoorah again.
The Boy
Arabicboy

Postby chandbasha73 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:10 am

While these grammar book is full of rules and can be extremely useful for reference I would never go back and use them to study from end-to-end. I memorized these tables like a parrot and then I started taking live classes I realized the short coming of memorizing table. You will never be able to speak with reasonable fluency because in your mind there is an order. I was simply told to pay attention to sounds and after that it became easier to talk. Its a good addition to your library for reference but you cannot memorize rules and talk them.
I've been studying Arabic with an Egyptian teacher for nearly two years and can speak reasonably well, all I can say is this website does a good job of providing some every day examples. Listen to them and use them in your home and with your like-minded friends. I've at least two other websites that can be extremely useful. Email me if you want.
chandbasha73

Postby berry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 pm

mujtahida wrote:For anybody interested in learning more about Arabic grammar, a comprehensive grammar book (Fundamentals of Classical Arabic) can be found on this link: http://sacredlearning.org/classrooms/arabic/index.htm

The book contains present tense and past tense verb tables, which I have always found useful.

hi , thank you for the suggestion , but th elink doesnt work for me, I shall try to do it by hand, Berry.
berry

Return to Grammar Discussion